Friday, February 14, 2014

 THE KING, ELVIS PRESLEY 

   Elvis Aaron Presley was born on January 8, 1935 in a two bedroom house with his mom and dad.His twin brother Jesse was born stillborn.As an only child he had a very strong bond with his mother.At age 6 he fell in love with music and got his first guitar for his 6th birthday.Elvis had many accomplishments in his life, one is that he got his very own star in the Hollywood walk of fame and got his face on a stamp in 1988.Everyone thought of him as the king of rock and roll. He sold over 1 billion records and his hit song was "Heartbreak Hotel".

Elvis had many quotes and some where very famous, here are a few and what I think about them.
  1. I think I have something tonight that's not quite correct for evening wear. Blue suede shoes.   
  2. Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.
  3. Rock and roll music, if you like it, if you feel it, you can't help but move to it. That's what happens to me. I can't help it.'
#1   I think that he is talking about how he is wearing something he usually does not wear
#2   I think that he is talking about how if you lie the truth will always end up coming out
#3   I think that he is talking about how he first started to like music


ACCOMPLISHMENTS OPINIONS 

    As I said in the first paragraph, He had a star in the hollywood walk of fame. My opinion on this is that if you have your own star that means that you have to be pretty important or good at what you do. Also the same relates to the other, having your face on a stamp. You would have to be really famous to get that and Elvis was THAT BIG! In concludision, Elvis was a very famous man that many people liked.



Sources 

  • http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/e/elvis_presley.html
  •  http://www.elvis.com/about-the-king/biography_.aspx
  •     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Presley


No comments:

Post a Comment